Seven reasons every Christian should attend small group fellowship
1. Sunday School establishes total involvement in the local church.
Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much more, as ye see the day approaching.”
2. Sunday School embodies the practice of the Great Commission.
Matthew 28:19-20, “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.”
3. Sunday School encourages through small group fellowship and activity.
Acts 2:42, 46, “And they continued steadfastly in the apostle’s doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayer…And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart.”
4. Sunday School embraces what Christ began with His disciples.
Matthew 10:1a, “And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples…” Acts 5:20-21, “Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life. And when they heard that, they entered into the temple early in the morning, and taught.” Acts 5:42, “And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.”
5. Sunday School equips the believer for ministry and discipleship.
2 Timothy 2:2, “And the things that thou has heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
6. Sunday School enhances our ability to honor the Lord’s Day.
Exodus 20:8, “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
7. Sunday School expresses our love for Christ ad His church.
Ephesians 5:25-27, “…as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”
Blankenship, Jonathan. “7 Reasons Why Every Christian Should Attend Sunday School / Small Groups.” (2013).